Data that we collect and store
We collect the following information when you use the mobile app:
1. information about the butterflies (Flinders) that you choose to grow (i.e. charity information, general butterfly information, creation date, completion date, status of the butterfly, owners of the butterflies - you and the friends with whom you grow this butterfly-, money value targeted and how much money you collected in this butterfly so we can give you a unique user experience.
2. e-mail information of the social networks you use to connect to the App (Facebook, Twitter, Google) so you can log in and share your "flown" Flinders.
3. information in relation to the purchases you make from our partners which relate to donations you make.
4. your IP address and information about your browser when you shop through the shopping links from the app so we can have a better understanding of our users and be able to analyse bugs and improve the app.
5. log information with regards a request to raise a Flinder, request to add a friend or request of being asked to be a 'Friend', request to grow a butterfly together with friend(s) either requested by you or your listed Friends, request to add money to a Flinder, request to delete a Flinder or update settings, how many trials you had to scan an incorrect QR code and your purchases through the FlinderFly links to shops so we can have a better understanding of our users and be able to troubleshoot if needed.
6. a copy of the question / enquiry and its decision in case you contact us.
7. information which you give to us when you sign–up (i.e. your name and your e-mail address) so we can have a unique identifier and be able to send you general and targeted emails.
8. information about your phone identification so we can send you general and targeted push notifications.
9. if the App or one of its components does not work properly, details of any action performed, in order to help us identify and solve the problem;
10. information which is collected via cookies and similar systems from our partner shops so we can give you the money that you can use to donate to a charity of your choice. This may also be used to analyse bugs and improve the app.
We keep all of the information described above and details of emails and notifications that we send to the user linked to the unique user identification id which we allocate to the user when they register with us on the App.
The information that is collected by our partners about the actions performed on their websites by the client will also be received by FlinderFly B.V. Users can fund-raise for Charities through our partnerships with different retailers (either directly or via affiliate network). The collection of this type of information by third parties is administered by their privacy and cookies policies.
We do not collect or store your financial information unless you are a Charity listed in the App so we can send the Charity money. Normally, if not always, this information is publicly available on the website of the Charity.
What is the information used for?
Personal data is used by us only when the law allows us to do so. Next to what was mentioned above, most of the time, we will use your personal data in these circumstances:
We want to give our users the best possible service and need key information to provide our service to you. Therefore, the main use of the information we collect is to enable the core functioning of the App for you and other users.
We are keen on giving our users the best possible service and and because of that we need information in order to provide our service the users. Therefore, the principal use of the information we collect is to enable the core functioning of the App for you and other users. Furthermore, the information provided by the user and the one collected regarding the use of the app is used to provide a more personalised service. We rely on our legitimate interests in order to provide the user with the most efficient and effective App and service. We will use your information to, but in not limited to, send you news, offers and tips via email that may be personalized to you. If you do not want to receive personalized email or emails in general contact us by emailing at email@example.com. If you opt out of personalized email, there is still a possibility that we will send you offers and tips but we will not use your personal data anymore to personalize them. You can also opt out completely from receiving e-mails by submitting a request at Contact.
It is possible that we will use the data collected to contact you by e-mail or other methods, in order to keep you up-to-date about our new products, services, or changes to our service or your personal account. This will only happen with regards to things that we think that are of interest to you and help raise donations. You can contact us to stop sending you communications anytime by submitting a request at Contact.
You will also be contacted about any significant changed to your account or in case we have any questions regarding your account, or if your information is not safe, if there is any uncommon activity with your account or if we have any questions or information concerning a specific donation or purchase. We will contact you when you received money to donate, when you receive a friend request, when your friend accepted your friend request, when you receive a collaboration request or when your friend accepts your collaboration request, etc.
Information collected will be used to make improvement to the App too, to observe the way the App is being used, how it is performing, including detecting glitches in its functioning
Your information might also be used in a combined and anonymised form for analysis purposes, trend analysis and to keep the public up-to-date how the service evolves.
Secure backups of information held in the App may be taken in case of disaster recovery. These backups include information provided by you or collected by us as outlined in ‘Data that we collect and store’ section of this policy.
Any personal information you provide to us will only be used by us, our agents and service providers, and will not be disclosed /revealed unless we are obliged or permitted to do so by law.
What information is shared with third parties?
We may share your information with third parties in the following circumstances:
1. IT, Email & System Administration Service Providers: we use a variety of 3rd party service providers to run and administer our App. We ensure that all providers follow the same level of data protection as FlinderFly B.V. For the purposes of Data Protection Legislation, these 3rd parties are data processors.
2. Law Enforcement Agencies: with law enforcement agencies (if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime).
3. Sale of FlinderFly B.V.: in relation to the sale of some or all FlinderFly's business, or its assets, to a third party, or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation. In such circumstances we will take steps to inform you and to ensure that your your privacy rights are still protected;
4. Charity: a Supporter's name, email and information regarding his/her activity on the app and the amount of money a Supporter has raised with its Charity;
Data Retention Timings
The data mentioned in the previous sections is retained for the following time periods:
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This allows you to receive a copy of the personal data about you that is held by us and also to check that we are processing in in a legal way. This can be requested by submitting an e-mail at Contact.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This allows you to correct any incomplete or imprecise data held by us. However, verification might be required to do it. You can correct the data you have supplied to us by submitting a request at Contact.
Request deletion of your personal data. This allows you to request the removal of your personal data where there is no valid reason for us to continue processing it. You can request this by submitting a request at Contact.
If you intend to use any of the previously mentioned rights, please submit a request at Contact.
There is no fee required to access your personal data.
Specific information may be requested by us in order to confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
For questions and comments you can contact us at Contact.
+31 65549 4562
Rotterdam Area, Nederland